Leader in automated solutions for advanced composites manufacturing
Automated Manufacturing with Advanced Materials
Who We Are
Mikrosam is a leading designer of engineered-to-order automated solutions for manufacturing advanced composites.
Mikrosam is a globally-recognized leader in machines and know-how for the composites industry. Since our founding in 1990, we have installed more than 300 composites productions lines at some of the most demanding customers. We have delivered on customer success in over 43 countries, including Germany, Sweden, USA, Japan, Russia, China, India, Korea and many other. Our engineering leadership and manufacturing competences are one of the key strengths which has driven our success over the last 3 decades and will continue to do so in the future.
Integrated with its own state-of-the-art software for simulation and process automation, Mikrosam provides factory-automation for modern composites manufacturing.
In our R&D center, we offer prototyping, testing, product design and technology development. Join our growing customer success list.
Where We Are
Mikrosam is located on its own campus just outside of Prilep, Macedonia.
The campus houses all engineering and design offices, manufacturing and assembly areas.
Our campus features an ideal setting for design, testing, experimenting, R&D, and build-out of high quality machines.
All buildings are located around an idyllic setting with a beautiful green park and inspiring environment for our employees. On our campus we have several high-ceiling warehouses with heavy lifting cranes and solid flooring allowing us to prepare customer buy-off and factory acceptance tests of multiple large equipment lines simultaneously.
Our ever-growing machine park features many multi-axis CNC machines, presses and classic workstations for mechanical, electrical and other testing capabilities. All machine designs started by engineers are lead by experienced and skilled production teams and assembly operators. Most of employees have long careers at Mikrosam which ensures not only stable and growing skills base, but continuity for customers.
How We Work
All of our machines are engineered-to-order using unique knowledge and innovative designs from past proven solutions. Our engineers have expertise in a range of production technologies.
Each project is headed by a project team of design engineers, typically mechanical and electrical. The project team is mentored by senior and lead engineers, and is joined by software and control programmers, and production supervisors. New engineers are quickly guided up, and the project team has direct communication with customers and maintains links through all stages of design, build-out, buy-out, installation and support. That makes the customer success intimately linked to all design engineers and our support one of the best in the industry.
- Composites production expertise
- Motion control and process automation
- Specialized software development
- Joint R&D in new composite manufacturing
History Timeline and Major Successes
- Mikrosam is established with 5 employees
- Installation of one of the first computer networks for corporate client in Macedonia
- Design and test of the first Macedonian digital units for measure electricity consumption
- First filament winding machine built
- Machine for testing of ablation characteristics of composite materials
- First prepreg-making machine built
- Multi-axis machine with linear motors for drilling PCBs
- First 6-axis FW machine demonstrated in Hannover, Germany
- Entry into the Chinese market
- Inaguration of brand new factory and permanent location of Mikrosam
- Launch of Winding Expert software package for Filament Winding applications
- Opening of Mikrosam Academy
- Launch of AFP/ATL technology with a gantry-style AFP 8x 1/2″ tows
- Founding of the Institute for Advanced Composites and Robotics (IACR)
- Patent for Automated Cut and Restart in FW of tanks awarded Nuremberg, Germany and Patent of the Year 2011, by Patent Office, Macedonia
- Delivered first fully-automated line for LPG tanks in India
- Inauguration of new building for IACR with modern lab and composite- prototyping equipment
- Number of employees reaches 100
- Delivery of gantry-style ATL machine for aviation customer with patented ATL head
- Advanced thermoplastics projects with AFP and ATL
- Delivery of the first fully-automated line for CNG tanks to Tier 1 automotive customer for serial production
- IACR graduates first class of Masters of Science students
- First hybrid FW and AFP machine for space applications delivered
- Developed the first multi-robot cell for tool-less thermoplastics parts with AFP
- Delivery of the world’s largest fully-automated line for CNG/CHG tanks with many innovations
Mikrosam in Numbers
production lines delivered
skilled operators, assembly and CNC technicians
Since 2000, Mikrosam has received many awards and recognitions for its innovations in Europe and abroad, including such notables as Eureka Brussels in 2001, Patent of the Year awards, and the most recent ACE Award Finalist at the CAMX 2019 show for our tool-less AFP cell.
Our engineering-driven culture has excellent opportunities for people looking to drive the next generation of automated manufacturing, software and solutions. Together with our in-house production we provide ample training and education opportunities.
Why Customers Stay with Mikrosam
✔ Relationship focused on customer success
✔ Joint development and research
✔ 24×7 support system, including remote maintenance and free software upgrades
✔ Off-the-shelf leading components and materials for easy servicing and quality control
✔ Long history, profitable, international presence with offices and representatives in key markets
News & Events
The future of hydrogen is now, and Mikrosam can deliver it. The company plays a significant role as a well-known manufacturer of filament winding machinery…
Visit Mikrosam at International Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle Congress (FCVC) 2022! Booth B89 Date: 15-17 September 2022 Venue: Shanghai Automobile Exhibition Center (No. 7575, Boyuan…
Visit Mikrosam at Advanced Engineering Expo, UK 2022 - the must-attend event for the entire engineering and manufacturing supply chain! Date: 2 & 3 November…
Hydrogen Technology Expo Europe is a must-attend conference and exhibition that is exclusively dedicated to discussing advancedtechnologies for the hydrogen and fuel cell industry. The…