Our range of AFP and ATL machines are designed for flexibility, easy of use, and scale.
Each head has Multi-Material capabilities and a range of configuration options. So, whether you’re starting out in R&D setting and need a budget-scale solution, or entering into serial production and need high-reliability units, our work-cells will have you covered.
They are re-configurable and upgradeable. We help you choose an initial configuration that is suited to scale and will not hold you down as you grow your presence on the market.
Automated Fiber and Tape Placement with Performance / Price you can count on
- Key Benefits
- Cell Configurations
- AFP Technical Specifications
- ATL Technical Specification
- Options for AFP & ATL Cells
- Multi-material AFP headsfor Thermoset, Thermoplastic and Dry-fiber layup
- Quick change IR and Laser heating
- Automated Head Exchange in <3mins
- Fast Bi-directional layup
- In-process Layup Inspection System (IPLIS)
- Leading thermoplastics layup with in-situ consolidation from closed loop feedback
- First on market with dual-robot thermoplastics layup capability
- Robot, Gantry(High-rail),Low-railPortal, and Column configurations, with and without enclosures
- Lab-scale and industrial size equipment for serial production
- Combine other functions on same work-cell for maximum productivity and higherROI
- Custom designs and functions available
AFP Technical Specifications
- AFP with4, 8, 16 or more tows
- Tow widths:¼”,½”or 1”
- Single-tape AFP from¼”up to 2” tapes
- Thermoset, thermoplastics and dry-fiber
- Maximum layup speed: 80 m/min*
- Cut-and-restart repeatability:±2.5mm*
- Course placement accuracy:-0/+2.5mm*
- Minimum cut/restart distance: <=10mm*
- Minimum course length: 120mm*
- IR from 1kW up
- Laser heating: 3, 4, 6kW or more
- IR and Visual process cameras
*Depending on material, cell configuration, controller, tool geometry and maximum layup speedGuaranteed reliability for serial production
ATL Technical Specification
- ATL up to 300mm (12”)wide tape
- Widths: 50mm (2”), 75mm (3”), 150mm (6”), 300mm (12”)
- Dual ultrasonic knife contour cutting
- Pre-layup defect detection
- Patented ATL Head
Options for AFP & ATL Cells
- Robot Linear and Tool Rotational axes
- Bar-code readers and factory integration
- Laser Projection and In-line Inspection Systems
- Ultrasonic trimming capability
AFP & ATL Models to Choose
Not sure which unit is right for you?
Need special requirements or capabilities?
Review the table below and contact us for more in-depth discussion.
GANTRY, LOW-RAIL PORTAL, or COLUMN
AFP AND ATP
Single tape 2″ or 4x 1/4″
4, 8x 1/4″
8, 16, 24x or custom 1/4″
50 TO 150MM
75 TO 300MM
– 4 TO 6KW
– 4 TO 12KW+
QUALITY CONTROL SYSTEM
IPLIS – INSPECTION
Automated Head Exchange
Reduce Downtime. Increase Productivity and Utilization.
Mikrosam’s Multi-material AFP and ATL units have had fast automatic head exchange capability for number of years.
Less than 3 minutes to switch from AFP or ATL to another head.
This reduces your downtime and improves productivity. Works with any cell or head/end-effectors.
Modern NURBS platform for simulation and programing of AFP & ATL machines
- CATIA Compatible
- Import/Export to standard formats such as IGES, STEP, NASTRAN, SolidWorks,etc.
- Generates layup on mandrel shapes
- Sophisticated layup algorithms and attributes
- Organization of plies and courses
- Analysis of layup and many more feature
Software for Offline Analysis, Programming and Simulation for Filament Winding
- Mandrel generation
- Winding pattern development
- Geodesic and non-geodesic winding path development
- Winding pathand patternsimulation
- Control data generation
Continuous improvement via data monitoring and traceability
- Comprehensive and Custom Quality Control System for Online and Offline Tracking and Reporting of CompositeManufacturing
- Data Acquisition and data management hardware & software
- Product & Program data, Raw material consumption, Operation and process time
- Process speed, temperature, Compaction pressure, Tension monitoring
- History data for every manufactured part
- Possibility to include additional data on customer request.
News & Events
The future of hydrogen is now, and Mikrosam can deliver it. The company plays a significant role as a well-known manufacturer of filament winding machinery…
At this JEC WORLD 2023, Mikrosam will present its latest highly-advanced, engineered-to-order automated solutions for composite parts. In addition to its extensive experience, Mikrosam is…
Mikrosam is on the way to connecting science, engineering, and production. We presented at the AZL's 15th Workgroup “Composites in Pipes and Vessels“ on November…
Visit Mikrosam at International Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle Congress (FCVC) 2022! Booth B89 Date: 15-17 September 2022 Venue: Shanghai Automobile Exhibition Center (No. 7575, Boyuan…
Visit Mikrosam at Advanced Engineering Expo, UK 2022 - the must-attend event for the entire engineering and manufacturing supply chain! Date: 2 & 3 November…